Office of Board Member Norma Roque
(Appointed Official for Indigenous People)
Duties and Functions
As members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, the legislative body of the province, the Provincial Board Members, as a body, enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the province and its inhabitants and in the proper exercise of the corporate powers of the province, and shall:
- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective provincial government;
- Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development plans, program objectives and priorities of the province, with particular attention to agro-industrial development and country-wide growth and progress;
- Adopt measures to enhance the full implementation of the national agrarian reform program in coordination with the Department of Agrarian Reform;
- Grant franchises, approve the issuance of permits or licenses, or enact ordinances levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the province;
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic services and facilities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Address: 2nd Floor Provincial Capitol Bldg.
City of Malolos, Bulacan 3000