Office of the Secretary to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
Effective, efficient and responsive Legislative Secretariat.
- To adequately provide the Sanggunian with a capable support staff in the performance of its functions;
- To act as conduit to LGUs, NGOs, POs and the general public in facilitating legislative actions taken by the Sanggunian;
- To act as custodian and maintain the proper safekeeping of Sanggunian documents and records;
- To maintain an open line of information and communication to the general public regarding measures undertaken by the Sanggunian; and
- To enhance personnel capabilities and develop their potentials to the fullest in order to cope with the onset of innovative changes.
Section 469 of RA 1760, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, provides that there shall be a secretary to the sanggunian who shall be a career official with the rank and salary equal to a head of a department or office who shall take charge of the office of the secretary to the Sanggunian.
Objectives and Goals
- Attending sessions and committee hearings, and recording the proceedings thereto, preparing and authenticating the minutes thereof, and compiling adopted resolutions and enacted ordinances;
- Forwarding to the Governor, for approval, copies of resolutions and ordinances approved by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan;
- Translating into Filipino resolutions and ordinances for public information;
- Keeping the seal of the provincial government and affixing the same with signature to all ordinances, resolutions and other official acts of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and presenting the same to the presiding officer for signature;
- Coordinating with other agencies and offices on collection of data/documents required in the passage of resolutions and enactment of ordinances;
- Providing administrative and secretarial support services to Sangguniang Panlalawigan Members;
- Anchoring the weekly program “SP Files” in the Radio Bulacan broadcast;
- Assisting in the conduct of the “Search for Outstanding SBs, Presiding Officers, Councilors and Secretaries”;
- Assisting in the conduct of the “Gawad Balangay Apuy” for outstanding Barangay in the field of peace and order;
- Assisting in the conduct of the “Gawad Lingkod Barangay” for outstanding Barangay officials;
- Conducting legislative research and performance evaluation of personnel under her supervision;
- Maintaining the legislative library and archives;
- Keeping and updating of personnel profiles;
- Preparing records for eventual legislative tracking system;
- Sustaining the 5S-keeping of the office;
- Liaisoning with other SP secretaries for legislative enhancement through the PLEASES;
- Carrying out orders and missions as directed.
Ma. Perpetua R. Santos
Address: 2nd Floor Provincial Capitol Bldg.
City of Malolos, Bulacan 3000
Tel. No.: +63(44) 791-8167 to 68